By using this website you agree to the following
This page explains how to use the Human Rights Guide and it provides the terms and conditions to which you agree to be bound when using this website.
The Human Rights Guide is managed by Baltic Human Rights Society and its contributing partner organisations, researchers, authors, editors, and translators.
You are allowed to use (copy, store, print, distribute, and share) the content of the Human Rights Guide under the following conditions:
- Non-commercial educational use only
- Non-public use only
- No republishing of the content elsewhere
- No changes to the content
- Properly crediting Human Rights Guide as the source and providing a link
You must first obtain written permission (see contact details below) in case you are interested to use the content in the following situations:
- Commercial use
- Public use
- Republishing the content elsewhere
- Making changes to the content
© Baltic Human Rights Society
Using the Human Rights Guide
The Human Rights Guide is intended for informative and educational use only and designed for general guidance and self-help. By this, we mean:
- This website aims to offer help for understanding human rights in specific situations. However, as legal questions are complex, this website should not be considered as the main source for appropriate legal aid in a particular individual case. For these purposes, further tailored advice should be sought from a legal professional, relevant institution, or competent organisation.
- Whilst the content of this website explains rights and legal concepts and mentions procedures and law, it must not be considered or referred to as a legal text in itself.
- The content of this website is of an informative nature and has no legal force. Therefore, this website should not be referred to as an official legal source.
- The use of this website and reliance on its content is at your own risk, as we assume no responsibility and disclaim all liability. We also don’t offer additional legal aid, support or other help and we reserve the right not to respond to such requests.
The Human Rights Guide is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. By this, we mean:
- Whilst we make every effort for the website to be accurate, up-to-date, error free and accessible, we don’t provide any guarantees or warranties and no additional services or support. Furthermore, we don’t accept liability for losses or damages incurred by users of this website.
- This website is regularly updated and we can make changes at any time without notice. This also applies to these Terms, which we may change from time to time. Please review this page regularly, as by using this website, you give your implied consent to these Terms.
- All pages on this website are time stamped. The date mentioned at the bottom of the page indicates when the page was last updated and reflects the situation and status of the content to that date.
- The official languages of the Human Rights Guide are Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Slovakian, and Slovenian. English and Russian translations are provided for your convenience. Please note that discrepancies in content and translation may occur.
- This website contains external links to websites, documents and social media to provide additional content, resources and features. As these websites are not under our control, we are not responsible in any way for any of their content and cannot guarantee that these websites are accurate, up-to-date, error free or accessible.
Privacy, Analytics & Cookies
We do not collect personal data or track users. We collect only anonymised statistics in order to understand how the Human Rights Guide is used, to keep the Human Rights Guide relevant in the future, and to report to our financial donors and supporting partners. We use the analytics software Matomo, which is installed on our own servers.
This website places the following cookies on your device:
Used by Matomo to store a few details about the user including a visitor ID
Validity: 13 months
Used by Matomo to temporarily store data for the visit
Validity: 30 minutes
Used by the website to maintain user PHP session
Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Latvia.
For inquiries or questions, contact email@example.com.
When contacting us, please note that we cannot offer additional free legal aid or other support.