Request to your employer

You have the right to ask your employer to rectify or delete private information collected about you.

Appeal to Data State Inspectorate

If the employer refuses to do so, you have the right to appeal to the Data State Inspectorate. Your right to request such action plays an especially significant role where you are about to leave your job and thus will no longer be connected with the particular institution.

In your application, you should indicate:

  • the kind of action that you expect from your employer
  • arguments as to why your employer should have fulfilled your request
  • and include relevant documents that substantiate your opinion, if there are any

Appeal to Administrative court

If you are not satisfied with the decision taken by the Data State Inspectorate, you can challenge the decision in the Administrative court and in addition, ask for compensation due to the refusal of the Data State Inspectorate. You can learn more about how to prepare your application and other requirements as well in the Administrative Procedure Law.

The Administrative court will assess whether your employer has acted lawfully and, if necessary, may oblige the Data State Inspectorate to order your employer to rectify or destroy your information. The court may also order compensation if you have requested it.

Human Rights Guide

A European platform for human rights education