If you are employed on the basis of an employment contract

Complaint before a court

Before submitting an official complaint to a court, you should inform your employer - a private individual, entity or a public authority – about your intentions and ask whether compensation could be granted without the involvement of court proceedings.

If negotiations are, or are deemed to be, unsuccessful you can challenge the action taken before a court of general jurisdiction (civil court).

Your application

In your application you should:

  • refer to the relevant legal provisions that entitle you to seek compensation
  • provide arguments as to which activities taken by your employer were unlawful or applied in a disproportionate way and why
  • name the legal provisions which have been violated
  • indicate the amount of requested compensation
  • add relevant documents that substantiate your opinion, if there are any

You can learn more about how to prepare your application in the Civil Procedure Law.

Court's decision

A court of general jurisdiction (civil court) will assess whether your employer has acted lawfully. If he/she has not acted lawfully and it has caused you damage, the court may order compensation.


Last updated 08/06/2019