If you believe that your personal data has been collected and processed, but not according to legal provisions and/or in a disproportionate manner, you can seek compensation from your employer. Your right to seek compensation where there is a violation of your right to private life is stipulated in the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia.

Remember that you can request compensation for the material (financial) loss and/or the moral injury that you have suffered due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.

The procedure for submitting a complaint is different and depends on your status, namely, whether you are

  • employed on the basis of an employment contract by a private individual, entity or a public institution or
  • appointed as a public official by a public authority

Human Rights Guide

A European platform for human rights education